Sunday, January 24, 2010

What's for dinner?

Well, at our house, this was!

I had forgotten how easy and delicious this slow cooker recipe was, I don't know why I don't make it more often. I found it here, at Sparkpeople.com and the best part is that I usually have all of these things in my pantry so it's a no brainer.

Here's what you will need:

Put your chicken breasts in your slow cooker *mine were frozen* and sprinkle with taco seasoning.


Mix your soup and salsa in a bowl *I didn't have Cream of Mushroom soup so I substituted with Cream of Chicken-works beautifully!* and pour on top of your chicken. Set on low for 6-8 hrs.

Here's what you get! I have used this chicken for a bunch of different things, tonight I shredded it and put it over baked potatoes. The recipe says to put it over rice but it is really good for shredded chicken tacos too.

I made these also:

They were met with mixed reviews by the boys. They didn't like the topping *wha? They can't be related to me!*. I told them "It's streusel people! How can you not like streusel?!" Blasphemy. Anywho, I found them here. They are banana-streusel-deliciousness.
Have a good week :)
Jill





1 comment:

  1. That looks pretty darn tasty. Might have to put that on the menu this month!

    ReplyDelete